When in the course of human events...
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature entitle them, a decent respect for the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men and Women were created equal, that they are naturally endowed with certain unalienable rights, rights which have been deliberately and repeatedly ignored, eroded, even destroyed. To re-secure these rights that our forefathers toiled so hard to create and support, we again state that governments are created for the people and solely by the consent of the people so governed. Whenever, such as now, a form of government has become destructive to these ends, it is OUR RIGHT as citizens, to alter and/or abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on the original ideals and ideas from whence this country was first imagined, then created through sweat, education, imagination, experience, tears, and toil. Likewise, it becomes our duty as citizens to strive to improve upon that foundation, eradicating the biases based on differences of sex, culture, religion, skin color, nationality, and other individual and groups traits that make individuals who and what they are.
As our forefathers warned 231 years ago, Prudence continues to dictate that a government long established should not be changed for light or transient reasons. However, the transgressions of the current administration against his own people and that against people of other countries are so serious and numerous in nature, that it becomes imprudent not to act immediately. We approach a form of absolute despotism of the kind suffered by our forefathers when they began their own revolution for reasons not dissimilar to ours.
To prove our case, the facts below are without question:
* HE has refused his assent to law, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
* HE has obstructed the administration of justice, by politicizing the method and manner in which justice is sought across the states and in the federal courts.
* HE has made US Attorneys dependent on his will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
* HE has spied on citizens domestically and abroad without warrants or justification.
* HE has repeatedly lied and misled his people into unnecessary, unjustified, and deadly wars, invasions and eventual occupations, causing untold death and destruction for all concerned.
* HE has attacked the very protections of the Constitution, the one document that he took an oath to uphold; and by passage of his Patriot Act, and his countless signing statements, he has destroyed the very protections to which each of us were and are entitled.
* HE has erected a new office, misnamed the Department of Homeland Security, which does nothing to increase security, but instead impedes commerce, trade, communication, travel, and privacy to a degree never imagined by our forefathers.
* HE has deprived us the benefits of a trial by jury.
* HE has held, without charges, many individuals who have no benefit of counsel, courts, or juries.
* HE has cut off communication and trade with countries who have offered to aid us in a time of need, after the attacks of September 11, 2001.
* HE has arrested, harassed and threatened groups of civilians who gather to protest the excesses of government.
* HE has precluded and interfered with free speech of individuals and their right to meet safely.
* HE has created a mercenary army, uncontrolled by the democratic process, to fight in actions both domestic and foreign.
* HE has ignored long-standing treaties and pacts among other nations, particularly with respect to torture and basic human rights.
* HE has ignored the wisdom, experience and knowledge of scientists, replacing them with self-serving political and religious persons, intent on destroying the very knowledge base that serves mankind.
* HE has caused the kidnapping and extra-ordinary rendition, followed by their transportation of individuals beyond seas to be held without counsel, trial or juries.
* HE has permitted the plundering of our cities, the ravaging of our coasts, and the damage of homes and businesses without properly addressing the damage to individual lives, dignity and health.
* HE has imposed secrecy on most actions of goverment, in the name of national security, while precluding citizens from learning of repeated acts of wrongdoing, fraud, and crime.
* HE has permitted political donors and supporters to make vast sums of profit from government funds, without requiring accountability, performance or successful endeavors in return.
* HE has used religion and faith based initiatives as an attack on the very structure of government, rewarding only certain beliefs, and punishing all others.
* HE has destroyed foreign ties with allies and friends, creating distrust and fear, instead of cooperation and friendship.
* HE has permitted the destruction of our ecology, causing suffering and worse among us and guaranteeing that our children and our children's children will be forced to pay a dear price.
Our pleas and requests are ignored, our attempts to gain redress are attacked as unpatriotic, our cries are treated as an act of support of terror. A president whose character is marked by these and many other acts which define a tyrant, is unfit to be a ruler of a free people.
WE, therefore, citizens of these United States, and citizens of the world, finding our appeals to our elected representatives to be ignored, do in our name, and in the name of all other true patriots and citizens of this country, solemnly declare that George Walker Bush is unfit to be president; that his vice president is likewise unfit for office, and that both of them are most likely guilty of a multitude of war crimes, crimes against the Constitution, and crimes against humanity. We hereby declare that their offices are now declared vacant and that they shall be delivered to the proper international court for imprisonment while the full nature and extent of their crimes are investigated and determined, thereafter which they will be tried for said crimes. We hereby commit to one another our best efforts to fulfill our forefathers' original intent, while removing the horrors of slavery, and of sex, race, religious and other forms of discrimination while we work together to repair the horrendous damage inflicted on our Country, its People and its Constitution.