What questions should Hillary ask?
Update: apparently, Barack Obama's campaign has turned down the debate offer. Coward.
Now that Hillary Clinton has challenged Barack Obama to a one-on-one debate (methinks it's a smart move... he's cornered), what questions should Hillary ask him?
My choice (and yes, I'm a policy wonk, bite me!):
- What specific policies would you implement toward more gender equality, on the job and elsewhere?
- How would you concretely restore America's standing in the world community?
- How would you specifically deal with the dual crisis of credit crunch and food prices?
- How would you deal specifically with Republican obstructionism in Congress (we know they do that EVEN when they're the minority)?
- What steps would you take to concretely reduce the influence of Wall Streets, Big Pharma, Big Insurance over politics and policy in the US?
How about you, fellow Correntians? What would you ask?
And no, I don't really care what Barack Obama would ask, and you know why?
- Because he can't corner her with policy, she's incredibly better.
- And if he goes for personal attacks, that is, goes for the Stephanopoulos / Gibson line, he'll hurt him,
- and if he goes on the attack of the Clinton presidency, he's screwed too
... like I said, he's cornered.
Take it away, folks!