Welcome, new contributors
Let me first of all apologize (again) for being slow (in some cases, really slow) to approve new contributors. I got behind the eight ball in real life, and posting takes precedence over administrative chores.
That said, welcome to The Mighty Corrente Building! I hope it turns out to be worth the wait. Herewith, a few remarks on posting, personal deportment, timeless values, and so forth.
1. At least IMNSHO, good writing is a transcendant value. All of the Fellows of the Mighty Corrente Building are fine writers, though (necessarily) each has their own style. Strive to emulate them. If necessary, elevate your game.
2. Adhering to the Enlightenment values of evidence and reasoning count toward making your writing good. The more linky goodness there is in your content, the better. The more well-reasoned your content, the better.
3. Civility and deference are highly valued in the Village, as fundamentally aristocratic values. Therefore, they are not highly valued here. So, a certain amount of cut-and-thrust, and bullshit calling is to be expected. Just remember that abuse--unless it be directed against Conservatives and WKJM--is not an end in itself. Also remember that bad writing is dull writing, dull writing is discouraged here, and most abuse is dull. (I'm not sure snark is an Enlightenment value, but I think it ought to be, if it isn't. Ecrasez l'infame!)
4. No one-line posts, please. A headline and a link are not enough for a post. They're fine for a comment.
5. The above rule does not apply to the Fellows. In fact, none of the rules apply to the Fellows, because being a Fellow means never having to do anything except whatever the fuck you want.
6. We know trolls when we see them; all of us have thousands of posts to our credit and years of experience. So, there's no systematic method for troll-rating or banning. We prefer to allow our robust style of discourse to discourage trolls, serving as a sort of online immune system. However, trolls will be banned by the Fellows, and such decisions, as all decisions by the Fellows, are arbitrary, whimsical, final, and without appeal.
7. Baiting trolls, even by those who are not trolls, is also discouraged. If you don't know what that means, you're not doing it.