One blow we can all strike against the corporate media is to cleanse public spaces of the teebee. TV-B-Gone:
- Turns off (and on) virtually any television
- Perfect for carrying on your keyring
- May take up to 69 seconds for the television to turn off (90% of televisions should turn off within 17 seconds)
- Range: 20 to 50 feet (7 to 17 m), depending on the make and model of the TV
- Contains 209 turn-off codes
- Regular Version works on TVs in US, Canada, Mexico, many Asian countries (European version also available!)
- Lithium batteries included (last about 3 months to one year depending on usage)
- Dimensions: 1.92" x 2.27" x .675"
- Weight: 26 grams with batteries
The cell phone situation has gotten better, at least on public transport, because people complained. The same might work in this situation. I'm telling you, I hadn't watched the teebee for a year when I went down to DC last fall, and listening to CNN was like being inside a box designed by Dr. Goebbels. If the authorities won't handle this public health matter, I guess we'll have to.
UPDATE And then there's TV-B-Gone Pro, that works from 50 meters away:
"The way I see it, it’s only fair," Altman says of his infrared light-emitting device. "If a TV shines light at me, I’ll shine a light at it. And if it stops shining light at me, I’ll stop shining light at it."