Telegraphic thoughts on Netroots Nation
1. It's a tradeshow. For political consultants. It was exactly like MacWorld, and in fact the two populations would overlap, given the hardware I saw everywhere (including my own computer bag).
2. I met some interesting people, including Marcy Wheeler, a fracking activist from OH, a radio broadcaster from MI, and the Truth-Out crowd.
3. I heard "I'm from DC" in the halls way too often.
4. It's interesting to be in a crowd of people who bear one's own class and cultural markers, and yet to feel almost completely alienated from them.
5. Eric Schneiderman is good. I don't mean a good person, it's just that you can see why he would have backing. He's persuasive if you don't know the detail and/or want to be persuaded.
6. And I wasn't wearing a badge in DC. I was wearing a sign or perhaps a name card.