Quick report on wintersowing
I'll write a more extended report later (last year's) but once again the milk jug technique was a huge success! Tomatos, squash, cukes, and I didn't lose a jug! Best of all, somebody came up to me at the Farmer's Market this morning, and said they'd tried the technique and it had worked for them, too!
Anyhow, I experimented with some changes in technique, one of which was twisties to hold the jugs shut. And I realized that because I used plastic twisties, I had to collect them and throw them away when I untwisted them to open the jug. However, if I had used something organic, I could have let them fall to the ground and rot. Which is always less work...
More to come. Again, last year's post here.