Party's over here
Hello and welcome. First a little business...
Thanks, lambert for the place and the constant support.
Thanks DCB and hipparchia for yeo-woman work on the issue of single payer. You are why I got involved. Well, that and I got really pissed off.
Next virtual house parties:
All 8pm EST
Friday, Dec. 26
Saturday, Dec. 27 (fab Gf and ohio report)
Tuesday, Dec. 30 (Paul L's report)
Possibly a wrap-up on the 31st.
Spread the word.
Here's the list of questions we gathered.
1. Have you or anyone in your family ever failed to seek medical attention because you couldn’t afford it? (h/t a little night…)
2. Have you or anyone in your family ever failed to seek medical attention because you couldn’t afford treatment though you had health insurance? (h/t a little night…)
3. Have you ever lost your health insurance? If so, why?
4. Have you ever been refused health insurance? If so, why?
5. Have you ever had to change doctors, delay treatment, or pay higher deductibles because of a pre-existing condition or long-term illness? Are you delaying treatment now? (h/t a little night…)
6. Have you, or someone you know filed for bankruptcy because of medical costs?
6. Do you have health insurance now? If not, why not? If so, how do you pay for it?
7. Have you ever asked your parents or children to help you financially because of overwhelming medical bills? Have they ever asked you for financial help?
8. Have you ever given up a job or assets to qualify for health insurance programs designed to help people living in poverty?
9. Have you ever stayed in a marriage or relationship because you had health insurance coverage you would otherwise not be able to get?
10. Have you ever decided to accept or turn down a job because of health insurance benefits? (h/t VL)
11. Have you ever lost your job because of a medical condition you put off seeking treatment for until it became so serious, you had to miss work a lot?
12. Have you ever foregone treatment because of the paperwork required by insurance companies?
13. Does what you've heard about or your experience of insurance companies stop or delay you from seeking medical help when you need it?
14. Have you ever gone without necessary medication because you can't afford it or it is not covered by your health insurance? (h/t Iphie)
15. Has your insurance company ever refused to pay for your prescriptions, and instead substituted their option over the judgment of your doctor? (h/t Iphie)
16. Have you ever avoided getting a diagnosis because you lacked health insurance, or didn't want to risk going on record with a pre-existing condition? (h/t
17. Has anyone you know ever contemplated either suicide or refusing to get treatment for a life threatening and/or chronic condition because he or she didn't want to bankrupt his or her loved ones? Have you known anyone that died because of such a choice? (h/t tnjen)
18. Have you ever skipped out on activities (skiing, running a marathon, etc.) because you might not be able to afford an injury?