Official Obama / 111th Congress Excuse Thread
It's already started, so let's do our part for party loyalty.
Please add your own to this list:
* Two terms is too short to judge a presidency
* Because of the economic crisis, we can't...
* America can't accept a black man doing / not doing... (is this one still playable now that all racism has been eliminated forevah?)
* The Clintons made Obama pick party regulars like Biden, Emanuel, etc.; Obama was crippled by the Clintons' smears; Obama was saddled with the disastrous legacy of the Clinton presidency
* America has always been center-right
* Now is not the time to... so, check back in one or two
Friedman Obama units
* The scary Republicans threatened to filibuster, so we had to fold on the spot
* We had to bring terrible legislation up for a vote, because....
* Just imagine how bad it would have been if Hillary/McCain/any other mortal had been elected
* Shrill, godless bloggers ruined everything with their incivility and skepticism
* Those goddamn Baby Boomers ruined everything by being so disgustingly old, numerous, and bickering
* Obama shouldn't have made a token gesture for gay rights/women's rights/some other insignificant and politically costly social issue
* World politics and natural disasters refused to chill out sufficiently for hope and change to be given a proper trial
* No one could have imagined that putting Republicans in the Cabinet would be a bad idea
* No one could have imagined that large corporations would yield excessive influence and would not behave in the public interest
* No would could have imagined that the media would be hostile if Democrats even thought about acting like Democrats
* No one could have imagined that Obama+Reid+Pelosi would be enablers of a Republican agenda
* I never said he was that good, anyway. And no fair citing my old blog posts, articles, etc. where I said he was transcendentally transcendent in an especially magical, pure, and world-healing way.