Corrente

If you have "no place to go," come here!

ObamaCare Clusterfuck: Enroll America's President launches slush fund-driven campaign, says goal is to "create echo chamber"

Reuters:

"The common theme here is that we are beginning our work of talking to consumers and giving them the information that they need to make their decisions come the fall about the healthcare options available to them," said Enroll America President Anne Filipic.

No, that's not the theme. The theme is to sign up enough people to claim actuarial and numerical success (have youth pay for elders; hit 7 million assuming that's not a lowball estimate), hopefully in Obama's demographic. Anyhow, Obama loyalists don't even care enough to fake it any more. Here's what Filipic said next:

A main objective, she said, is to create "an echo chamber" of information about available healthcare benefits for an estimated 78 percent* of nearly 50 million uninsured Americans, who are not aware of the coming changes.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Not just because Obots are so good at creating "echo chambers," but because "giving them the information that they need to make their decisions" is diametrically opposed to "creating an echo chamber." Unless you're in the public relations or political campaign business, and just view people as cattle, of course.

About the slush fund:

In a conference call with reporters, Filipic declined to answer repeated requests for details on the group's budget. But a knowledgeable source said later that the cost of the public outreach campaign would range into the tens of millions of dollars, with "at least seven figures" going to paid advertising.

Sebelius says she has spoken to three healthcare companies about the group and asked for financial donations from two other entities -- tax adviser H&R Block and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Republicans claim that her actions may have violated the law or federal ethics rules, a charge the administration denies. Reform advocates fear the uproar will discourage contributions to the group and undermine the reform effort.

Slush fund:

1. Secret budget? Check.

2. Public and private funds commingled? Check.

3. Interested parties contributing? Check.**

4. Money to political allies and cronies? Check1, check2, check3 ... checkn.

Oh, and there's a bunch of other Obama campaign-related groups at the trough, too. But only Filipic, bless her heart, said she was out to create an "echo chamber." Good luck to her.

It sure would be easier to sell Medicare for All, wouldn't it?

NOTE * So, 78% have a chance at a ticket to Happyville, and 22% go to Pain City. The second class citizens of the 22% are probably some combination of "Passive & Disengaged" and "Vulnerable & Unengaged", using CMS's market segmentation.

NOTE ** H&R Block benefits at 1040 time, since they will be adding another box to charge for. But I bet they want to get into selling on the exchanges somehow. Fits right in with their business model writing software to fill out government forms using a rules engine in a retail setting, and it would be steady, year-round work.

0
No votes yet