Not a bad platform
Bullet points (for starters):
- take privatization of SS off the table
- prosecution of the Bush crime clan
- promotion of women’s and LGBT’s rights
- progressive economic policies
- committment to energy independence and Green Collar jobs
- universal health care
- repeal of no child left behind; committment to world class education
- out of Iraq / no bombing of Pakistan
- reinstate habeas corpus
- commitment to appointing progressive judges on SCOTUS, no waffling
- commitment to reproductive rights, pro-choice (safe, legal, rare will do)
- net neutrality
Anybody running on it?
Sure, I'd change some stuff. But still.
NOTE I'm talking about the totality of the platform, not the individual points, so yes, I know that the words "we will not privatize it" are in the D platform on SS. But the places where current D policies deviate from this list are telling, I think. And what's not on this list is also telling: An end to the empire, for example. Or how about, say, cutting our foreign bases by half and freezing all new weapons systems for 5 years? For starters. We can't afford that shit. If we ever could.