A Little Help, Please: Re New Obama Plan, Looking For Answers to These 15 Questions
Questions Re the New Obama Plan:
1) How hefty is the excise tax on the middle class for their “Cadillac (bur realistically "Chevy") Plans”? (has the burden been shifted to the rich as in House bill rather than middle class per Senate bill)
2) Is there still the mandate one MUST purchase insurance. What will the penalty be? Will the IRS be monitoring the citizenry on this? Will citizenry be monitored and criminalized far more than the corporatists with their shenanigans?
3) Will pre-existing conditions be waived without a punishing increase in premium cost for a patient?
4) Will the exchanges be nationally controlled or by the state. By the state means cheapskate states will punish their poor. Nationally is fairer. Senate bill called for state control of exchanges.
5) Will undocumented immigrants as in the Senate bill be forbidden from ALL coverage in exchanges and subsidies? They will have to resort to expensive emergency room visits and/or be at the mercy of and spread contagious diseases. Their money (especially that of healthy younger immigrants) will not help expand the risk pool for the citizenry
6) Will 45,000 citizens a year keep dying until the bill begins in 2014, as does the Senate bill?
7) Will the anti-trust exemption for insurance companies unfairly continue to protect them despite their huge profit-making?
8) Will there by a strong Medicare Commission to watchdog Medicare? The Senate bill supposedly set up a “toothless” one. Are there serious fraud preventions?
9) The Senate bill gave the pharmaceutical industry 12 years of patent protections though certain drugs that apply were developed using PUBLIC funding. Will there be re-importation of prescription drugs from Canada or will it be forbidden as it is in the Senate bill?
10) How much of a drain on Medicare will Medicaid be? Are we stealing from working class Peter to pay working class Paul?
11) Will insurance companies be free to charge much more based on age and physical condition, such as cholesterol level, blood pressure, diabetes, etc.?
12) Will citizens be allowed to choose own doctors and hospitals?
13) Can insurance companies set up shop in the less regulated states to escape accountability? Still enjoy the profits of across-state line selling? (as with Delaware and credit cards)
14) Will individual states have the power to ban the right to abortion in all exchanges if they so choose?
15) Is there any expansion of Medicare for All, say from age 55 and up. Is there Medicare for All option if a state decides to institute it?