Let's pre-write the "progressive" response to Obama's SOTU
I don't recommend that anyone read, say, Democratic Underground during or after Obama's State of the Union address and take a swig each time you encounter a comment like these:
* I'm proud of my President
* He's hitting it out of the park
* I'm just glad not to be looking at shrub's ugly face
* The teabaggers' heads just exploded
* I love my President
* I doubted him for a guilty second, but now I see he's in it to win it
* Take that, you Obama bashers!
* Less than I wanted, but he inherited a train wreck from Bush
* He's smarter than the rest of us
At more-sophisticated sites, one can expect:
* Less than I wanted, but the mid-terms are coming up, and all that matters is electing more Democrats (and a couple of over-hyped and probably ineffective primary challenges). Send money now!
* Let's hope this signals more resolve
* One or two of these promises sound really good (and let's act like they're credible)
* Let's fixate on the Republican response.