Joe Bageant's friend on the mandate
Joe Bageant gets letters:
1) If folks can't afford to reroof the Old Manse or buy groceries or put retreads on the Jimmy, how (and why) are they going to get insurance, and
2) If they can't afford insurance, how are they going to afford the alleged fine, and
3) Who is the Insurance Police, who's going to rat me out, and
4) Why did The Bastards wait until the whole country is unemployed to pull this shit, and...
wait for it:
5) Who elected these boobs -- wait, I have a long-standing soft spot for boobs; make that "idiots" -- anyway, and supposedly to act in our interests? Not me.
Me either. But I really do wish I had some place to go.