If George McGovern Ran Today
according to what he was saying earlier this year, here is what his campaign points would be:
1. Comprehensive health care for every citizen. He'd have Congress declare that Medicare be extended from birth to 5 yrs old first, then 2 years later, add the 6-18 yr olds, then 2 years later the 19-35, then the 36-64 yr olds until everyone is covered.
2. Build the fastest, safest, cleanest, & most comfortable passenger trains for the US.
3. Provide government paid higher educaton for all qualified American students.
4. Within 6 months, systematically withdraw every soldier from Iraq.
5. Reduce Pentagon arms spending by 5% annually over the next 10 years.
6. Establish a national energy policy based on conservation & alternative sources of energy. Make Al Gore the energy czar.
7. Cancel the remaining tax cuts for high end individuals.
8. Prohibit any individual/corporation/union/private entity from contributing to Federal elections.
9. Work for a balanced budget & future reductions in our national debt.
10. Uphold the Constitution!
Hard to argue with the points, although I might reorder them.