Dear MSM, please stop me from blogging
Mainstream media figures are constantly bellyaching about those unreliable dirty hippies in the blogosphere.
I have an offer to them: I'll stop political blogging if you start doing your fucking job.
- If a White House official wants to use you to spread sludgy, Drudgy, bogus memes, just say no
- If a swiss-cheese case is made for war, just say bullshit
- If Supreme Court nominees are put forth, write energetically about what they'll do for — or to — our democracy
- If a skeevy authoritarian candidate says we need to torture more prisoners, hang him out to dry
- If there's a whiff of a genuine scandal pertaining to the trustworthiness and lawfulness of government, investigate it, report on it, and put it on the front page and at the top of the hour
- If the underprivileged are neglected or abused, stand up for them.
That wouldn't be so hard, would it?
If you do that, I'll buy and read your publications and watch your news shows, and you won't have me bitching at you again. Wouldn't that be nice?