Evening snow

snow

Only a couple feet. Again, the bad weather stays south. Power, heat, internet, everything up here. And Maine's infrastructure is not strong, which tells you that by the time it reached us, this storm was pretty routine.

AttachmentSize
evening_snow_2.JPG322.43 KB
evening_snow_2_540.JPG197.53 KB

Comments

insanelysane's picture
Submitted by insanelysane on

A study in blue.

That photo has the scent of new wet snow.

Getting a blizzard snow drop brings a silence that I always loved. If only for a few hours.

Cujo359's picture
Submitted by Cujo359 on

Snow storms can leave some beautiful scenery behind. It's easier to enjoy it if you don't have to go out in it until the roads are clear, of course. Insanelysane is right, there's something wonderful about the quiet that settles in with one, too.

Submitted by jawbone on

is that a frozen river or a lake?

It is so beautiful. Remnds of the blues infusing many of the paintings in an exhibition of Impressionists in Winter I saw years ago. Just magical.

But, I do so love snow. (Where to go, where to go?)

With my iPad! (I know there are people who think that looks ridiculous, but I love it, because it reminds me of the view camera I never had). The river is near the house.

Maybe you are thinking of this by Whistler? I wasn't -- just fired away to see what would happen!

Submitted by Hugh on

I am a fan of good composition in photography and that is really nice composition and framing. Great with an iPad, makes me wonder what would happen if you were unleashed with a better camera.

Cameras have a less dynamic range and tend to see more blue than the human eye. Out of curiosity, when you took the picture were you seeing more blues or more grays?

The iPad is kind of a crap shoot. One reason I like it. I like taking pictures, but I don't think it's my talent. You've seen the pictures I took in Bangkok. I somehow can't see richly enough, though the images are workmanlike, I tend to focus in on a graphic pattern.

twig's picture
Submitted by twig on

Really beautiful! It's so calm and peaceful looking. Well done!!