[The Unknown Transcriber has done a --- oh, heck, I can't use "superlative" any more -- stunningly excellent job transcribing this [applause]. I especially like how Lessig contextualizes Swartz's death as a consequence of corruption. It's all about the rents, baby! --lambert]
Outline of talk:
Part 1: Aaron
Part 2: Aaron's works – B©, ©, A©
Part 3: As a citizen
Part 4: The "crime"
Part 5: Godzilla meets Jefferson and Thoreau
Part 6: Aaron's laws
Closing: Aaron and us
Audience Q&ARead below the fold...
1. The arrest, MIT and Secret Service, and Abelson report?
2. What to do about prosecutorial overreach, especially for those who don't have Aaron's connections?
3. Easy for lawyers to make things worse, how to make things better?
4. MIT Office of General Counsel running things, not educators? Lawyers huge part of the problem?
5. Aaron's third law – how to clean up campaign financing?